Skip to main content

Reading Reflection Week One

The one book I read over the summer is The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore. This book is based in modern time in two different places. The book is written from two point of views, the two point of views the author uses is Marina and John. I really liked how the author did two point of views because I liked how you could see two point of views who were not in he same country. One strategy I used while reading this was reading 30 pages per day. This strategy really helped me not have to read a bunch of pages on the last week of summer but I could read a couple of pages a day and hang out with friends too. Another strategy I used was that I took notes on the books so I could remember the book at the beginning of the school year.

One theme I noticed in this book is adversity. You notice this multiple times whenever John and Marina face Mogodorians or other forces against them. Another theme I noticed is team ship you see this when John, Six, and Sam work together and feed off each other. This book themes helps the book have deeper meaning and gives you a better understanding of the book. 

Comments

  1. The power of six sounds pretty cool, I might read it. I like the two points of view.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strengths and Challenges

     One of my strengths is that I can make personal connections within my writing. This strength helped me in my personal narrative and connect my life. Another strength of mine is being able to write short response to a topic. This strength helps me in other classes besides English because I use this strength in history.       One of my challenges is that I am awful with grammar. I tried to fix this challenge over the year and it improved a little bit, but I still had to practice on it and use Grammarly a lot. Another challenge of mine was researching a topic then writing about it. I really had trouble with the research project because of this challenge 

Story in the Summer Week Two

I was at my house with my friend Ben. Ben and I decided to go outside and play basketball. We decided to play horse. It was a close game but I beat Ben in the game even though Ben is a lot better then me at basketball. Ben was really angry because I won by making a shot that I probably I would never make again.  Ben and I then decided to play a one on one game to twenty-one. I went up twelve to four then Ben started to make a comeback and had the game within four points. I then hit a three in which put me up on Ben fifteen to eight. I eventually one the game twenty-one to seventeen. I was happy because I usually never beat Ben in basketball because he has played it a lot longer then I did. 

Research Update

     My research question is Why do the Vikings get such a brutal reputation when Europe was just as violent? The Vikings were a Medieval Kingdom that settled in the countries in Scandinavia at first but spread through Europe. The Vikings are seen as a very brutal tribe who had very ruthless and cruel ways of fighting. Even though the Vikings did raid towns and take the riches of the towns the Vikings also traded and explored like other kingdoms and were one of the very first super skilled boatsmen.      Europe at the time were filled with brutal kings. An example of the brutal king at the time was Charlemagne. Charlemagne is considered being a great team but he also killed people if they did not convert to Christianity and lead the killing of multiple people.