Skip to main content

Reading Response Week Two

The book I picked for my one of my summer reading books is I an Number Four by Pittacus Lore. One aspect I noticed in this book is the personal relationships in the book. One relationship is between John and Henri, the relationship the two is like a father and son relationship because Henri is John's guardian. Another relationship is between John and Sarah, Sarah and John are dating in the book. Those are a few relationships I noticed in the book.

One theme I noticed in the book is 'when you don't think you can win just keep trying." I really like this them because it can help you in everyday life by making you to keeping working at your goal. Once I read this book and thought about its theme I incorporated into my life by using it in cross country. I use it in cross country because I'm not the fasted and not going to win the race but I always try so maybe one day I am winning the races.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strengths and Challenges

     One of my strengths is that I can make personal connections within my writing. This strength helped me in my personal narrative and connect my life. Another strength of mine is being able to write short response to a topic. This strength helps me in other classes besides English because I use this strength in history.       One of my challenges is that I am awful with grammar. I tried to fix this challenge over the year and it improved a little bit, but I still had to practice on it and use Grammarly a lot. Another challenge of mine was researching a topic then writing about it. I really had trouble with the research project because of this challenge 

Story in the Summer Week Two

I was at my house with my friend Ben. Ben and I decided to go outside and play basketball. We decided to play horse. It was a close game but I beat Ben in the game even though Ben is a lot better then me at basketball. Ben was really angry because I won by making a shot that I probably I would never make again.  Ben and I then decided to play a one on one game to twenty-one. I went up twelve to four then Ben started to make a comeback and had the game within four points. I then hit a three in which put me up on Ben fifteen to eight. I eventually one the game twenty-one to seventeen. I was happy because I usually never beat Ben in basketball because he has played it a lot longer then I did. 

Research Update

     My research question is Why do the Vikings get such a brutal reputation when Europe was just as violent? The Vikings were a Medieval Kingdom that settled in the countries in Scandinavia at first but spread through Europe. The Vikings are seen as a very brutal tribe who had very ruthless and cruel ways of fighting. Even though the Vikings did raid towns and take the riches of the towns the Vikings also traded and explored like other kingdoms and were one of the very first super skilled boatsmen.      Europe at the time were filled with brutal kings. An example of the brutal king at the time was Charlemagne. Charlemagne is considered being a great team but he also killed people if they did not convert to Christianity and lead the killing of multiple people.